Terms and Conditions
Bicycle Innovation Lab membership terms and conditions apply to you depending on which membership you have access to.
You agree to:
- being registered as a member of Bicycle Innovation Lab, you accept that the information you have provided (name, address, phone, email and a copy of your ID) will be filed and kept by us. Your information will not be passed on to others.
- receive info-mails from Bicycle Innovation Lab. (Your email address will not be passed on to others. You will receive relevant information from Bicycle Innovation Lab. You will at all times be able to cancel this service, if you do not want to receive these emails anymore).
- that the membership price plan, period, access and terms can change at any time for the development of the Bicycle Innovation Lab association.
The Bicycle Library Membership
- to return the borrowed bicycle to and from the Bicycle Library in the agreed time by yourself. And that in the case of a late return you must to pay a fee of 150,- DKK.
- to returning the borrowed bicycle & items (locks, keys etc.) in the same condition as you received them. If the bike & loaned items break, get damaged, lost or stolen during your loan period, you agree to pay for their repair, replacement or the returning of them in the same or better condition, brand, model and version. The Bicycle Innovation Lab librarian in charge will decide on the fair cost and associated expenses you must pay for damage, replacement, repairs or loss of items if the bike or items are not returned or not returned in the same condition. For example, if the bicycle is returned with flat tires then a 150, – DKK fee for each flat tire must be paid. The loaned bike and items must be as clean as before your loan period or you must pay a fee of 100, – DKK. You can use bike washing equipment at the Bicycle Library, and also at some petrol stations – for free!
- that in the event of theft of, loss of, vandalism to or accidents with the borrowed bicycle, you must immediately report it to the police, as a police report is required for any insurance claims. You may pay for any expenses and associated costs from your own valid insurance covering such loss or damages.
- to being responsible for safely cycling and controlling the bicycle without being a danger to yourself or your surroundings, and that use of the borrowed bicycle is solely at your own risk.
- that loaning or passing on the bicycle to a third party is done at your own risk and responsibility and remains in accordance with the above stated terms.
When you return the borrowed bicycle, you will be sent a questionnaire that we would like you to fill out. This takes approx. 10 minutes. This gives us material to update the data about bicycle culture that you can find on the web page: https://www.bicycleinnovationlab.dk/activities/data-the-bicycle-library
The Workshop Membership
Bicycle Innovation Lab workshop (or another workshop that hosts BIL members)
- that you are responsible for injuries, accidents or losses to yourself or your possessions in connection to your use of the workshop. This includes: any damage that might unintentionally result from information, advice or help by anyone from the workshop, injuries to yourself whilst inside the workshop space, any accidents that result from any incorrect repairs or modifications done on your bike.
- that if you order anything from our tool and spare parts suppliers, you agree to make sure you have ordered the correct item. If you have ordered the wrong item you have to pay for it or any associated costs with sending it back.
- to donate 10% of your total order, before tax, to the Bicycle Innovation Lab when you order though our spare parts suppliers.
- to cover the costs or replace any equipment, tools or Bicycle Innovation Lab possessions that you damage.
- to clean and tidy up after yourself – putting tools back in their correct place etc.
Membership Through Volunteer Work
Not everyone can join as a member through volunteer work – an agreement needs to be made with a Bicycle Innovation Lab project leader. If an agreement can be formed, the level of access to other membership types will be offered and depend on the type of work and the frequency of involvement specific to each individual. This membership is reviewed on a monthly basis and can end at any time.